Thursday, April 24, 2014

Drifting

My life ebbs and flows in every unexpected way. I used to believe it was my duty to commandeer my own ship, and, thusly, always set a direct course for my final destination. In recent years, I have found the journey to be far more enjoyable taking a rafting approach. The learnings I’ve taken from past experiences provide me with paddles to steer through dangerous or tricky circumstances. Trusted, supportive friends are the life preservers I use to keep myself afloat through times of difficulty. Other than that, my only job is to let the current guide me through these winding waters. I cannot see around the bend, but I will experience it when I get there. I am part passenger, and part gentle navigator. Now that I no longer need to constantly focus on what may be coming, I can finally appreciate the scenery surrounding me. It’s nice to be here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

YES.