Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bittersweet


I am willing, but not always able,
To be what I think it is to be relatable.
Everyone else seems to have read the manual
On how to accomplish life correctly.

Most days I feel an awkward fulcrum
The tipping point of uncertainty,
Between confidence and people pleasing,
Where I falter and withdraw.

It's all the people and all the stories
Of everything I am and never will be.
I feel the heavy weight of failing other’s expectations.
I am a disappointment, and it crushes me.

I know it's all just false idealism.
Why won't my feelings follow reason?
I don't know the banal comfort of blissful ignorance.
I am bittersweet.

I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
I would willingly admit this a thousand times,
If you tell me how to never make
A hurtful mistake again.


No comments: