Monday, October 15, 2007

Ice cream as external motivation.


You embody the perfect blend of sweetness and seduction. You personality is just as luscious and irresistible as chocolate ice cream. You have a flirty, melty attitude that's easygoing and delicious. You appreciate luxurious, extravagant things, like the way ultra-soft fabrics feel against your skin. Some people want to hog you all to themselves, but you find ways to make everyone feel special.

An ice cream personality quiz? Sure, why not? Thanks, internet. 

When I first started this blog (was it really two years ago?), I did so with the intent of producing tangible evidence of the odd creativity constantly swirling around in my brain. As mentioned in my very first post, I have a slight problem with procrastination and slobbish perfectionism. There is a certain terrifying freedom in the expose of my innermost musings - the power of the written word is very concrete and yet easily misconstrued. The lack of facial expression, body language, and vocal intones create a wide path for interpretation of meaning. Therein lies my intoxication of words, and therein also lies the danger.

My dangerous liaison with words equals exposing my inner crazy, a risk that I feel compelled to undertake. I feel similar in relation to people. I often feel detached, an observer of social constructions but not a subscriber. Though I don't easily find true connections with people, and count my close friends as far and few between, I love people in general. Fascinated by them actually. I love to be charming and gracious, yet I also love to be alone. I don't have to be alone to feel lonely. I want everyone around me to feel good about themselves. I want everyone to feel joy and be happy. I love to cry. I am a paradox. I suppose I oft times find myself to be sweet, cold, and dark. Chocolate ice cream, anyone?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I know what you mean, although you say it a helluva lot better than I can!!! As for the ice cream - it's frighteningly accurate hey?
And yay for new posts!!! I eagerly await the next installment of your "innermost musings".

Amykins Angel said...

"Some people want to hog you all to themselves, but you find ways to make everyone feel special"

SO SO TRUE!!! Like Hello!!!
I can totally remember wanting to hog you years back! LOL
I always curiously watched you, observed you, looked up to you, admired you... idolized you..

I still do.